Weight loss tea or slimming tea has been proved by functional and toxicological experiments that it can promote fat metabolism and maintain normal physiological functions.
Weight loss tea overcomes the shortcomings of drug weight loss products that destroy the diet rules, reduce the body’s function, and induce other diseases.
How does weight loss tea work? The weight loss tea contains some aromatic compounds that can dissolve the fat and prevent the fat from accumulating in the body.
Here are 7 Chinese teas for weight loss:
1. Oolong tea/Wulong tea
Oolong tea is a kind of traditional Chinese tea, and it is called “Slimming Tea” in Japan. Oolong tea contains Tannic Acid, which is closely related to fat metabolism, and it can lower cholesterol in the blood. Oolong tea also has other health benefits, such as anti-cancer, improving hearing, promoting digestion, etc.
Having a cup of oolong tea before and after the meal is beneficial for losing weight. But don’t drink immediately after a meal. Drinking it one hour after a meal is is more appropriate.
2. Green tea
Green tea is a kind of traditional Chinese tea. It contains abundant tea polyphenols that can promote metabolism and reduce fat accumulation so as to help lose weight. In addition, green tea is rich in catechins, which can help to decompose abdominal fat.
3. Dark tea
Dark tea is also a kind of traditional Chinese tea. Japanese scholars have proved through scientific tests that black tea has a strong function of reducing greasy sense and promoting digestion, etc., which is why the meat-eaters especially like this kind of tea. Chinese people have a tradition of using dark tea to treat abdominal distension, dysentery, and indigestion.
4. Hawthorn lotus leaf tea
Hawthorn has the effect on promoting digestion and appetite; lotus leaf can decompose fat and eliminate constipation.
How to make hawthorn lotus leaf tea:
- Ingredients: 25g hawthorn, 15g dried lotus leaf, and some sugar.
- Put all the ingredients in the boiling water and continually boil for 5 minutes.
Note: Do not drink hawthorn lotus leaf tea on an empty stomach. The hawthorn can promote gastric acid secretion, and excessive gastric acid is not good for an empty stomach.
5. Cassia seed (or Semen cassiae) tea
Cassia seed tea has an effect on treating constipation and expelling toxins from the body, and it can also lower blood pressure and blood fat.
How to make cassia seed tea:
- Ingredients: 10g cassia seed, some sugar or honey.
- Boil them for five minutes or put them into a thermos cup and brew them with boiling water for 20 minutes.
- Patients with enteritis, gastric ulcer, and diarrhea should not drink it.
- Cassia seed can lower blood pressure, so patients with hypotension should not drink it.
- Cassia seed is not good for pregnant woman.
6. Eucommia tea/Du zhong cha
Eucommia tea is made from the leaves of eucommia plants. It has effects on reducing fat and anti-aging. We just brew it with boiling water for 3 minutes and drink it.
Note: When you drink eucommia tea for the first time, you need to drink it in small amount, because it is easy to have diarrhea if you drink too much at first. After your body adapts it, you can increase the amount.
7. Dried tangerine peel tea
Dried tangerine peel also called pericarpium citri reticulatae is a kind of traditional Chinese medicine. It has a good effect on treating indigestion and is beneficial for the digestive system. It can be used with lotus leaf to make a tea for losing weight well.
How to make dried tangerine peel tea:
- Ingredients: 10g dried tangerine peel, 10g dried lotus leaf, and some sugar.
- Firstly, boil the dried tangerine peel for 3 minutes in a pot, then put the dried lotus leaf and sugar into the pot, continue to boil them for another 3 minutes.
- At last, leave the ingredients brewed in the boiling water for another 5 minutes after turning off the fire.
Note: Should not drink this tea during the period of taking medicine. The tangerine peel has an influence on the activity of medicine.